St Peter’s offers a regular Children’s Church on Sunday mornings during the service. We use a progressive curriculum called A Joyful Path, which teaches children to:
- Ask questions and be curious
- Go within and find their own inner guidance and wisdom
- Stay focused and calm when needed and to discover and harness divine energy
- Be creative, share their gifts and continue learning about their passions
- To take action toward their own successes and happiness
- Find compassion for all beings, to be inclusive and tolerant, to find the divine in All
- Honour, protect, serve, and be in awe of Mother Nature
- To know the history and mythology of our world religions and spiritual paths
- To be heroes and heroines- to be brave, courageous, and to stand for peace and justice…
And much more!
Currently suspended, our Toddler Groups usually run on Mondays and Thursdays, 9:30 – 11:30am. We look forward to welcoming everyone back when the coronavirus restrictions allow.
We offer barista coffee for parents, grandparents and carers, as well as loads of toys and activities for the children. We always offer healthy snacks.
Keep an eye on St Peter’s Facebook Page for other activities we run during the year, such as Christmas activities, quiz nights and Summer Fairs.
Have a question? Email St Peter’s Community Development Officer, Kristee Boyd: firstname.lastname@example.org
See the Calendar page for dates and times
Plus other ad hoc activities: country walks, quiz nights etc. See our Children and Families Facebook page for updates
Children and Music
Older children (8-16) are welcome to join the St Peter’s Choir. Run by Rupert Forbes and Sheila Chisholm, junior choristers rehearse together on Thursday evenings during term time 6 – 7 pm. We cover sacred music from the Rennaissance to the present day.
Sheila also teaches the Royal School of Church Music Voice for Life syllabus. VfL helps singers develop with vocal exercises, posture, breathing and diction; listening skills, music theory and notation.
Children sing alongside the adult choir on Sunday mornings 10 am – 12 pm at least two Sundays a month (more often if you like). Junior choristers join the younger children at Children’s Church for part of the morning. We then rejoin the adults for communion and the last anthems and hymns.
“St Peter’s junior choir has taught my son to read music and sight sing. It taught him the musical theory that his otherwise wonderful violin teacher didn’t cover. A first rate musical education.” Liz, mum of a chorister.
If you’d like to know more about what is involved contact Rupert on 0131 664 3030.